R's lavendar mohair sweater is done! It's the first time I did not follow a pattern, so the sleeve cap and armscythe are passable, but not particularly good. The reason I did not follow a pattern was because I could not find anything that looked like what I wanted. I wanted something really simple. A slightly oversized, drop shoulder sweater but cropped in length. Thankfully, it turned out pretty much what I was hoping for.
Yarn : laceweight mohair from China (gift from friend) no brand, no yardage or weight
Needles: 3.75 mm ribbing 4 mm stockinette
Pattern : I have the notes for this in a notebook. But note to self : remember that I chopped off the lower part of the sleeves in the end.
This is the lace ribbon at the back. Do you think it is too long? I can afford to cut it shorter. In the photo above, you can see that the back opening does not meet and close completely because the ribbon knot is kind of bulky and gets in the way. So I'm going to seam up the top part of the opening, because it looks sloppy left partly gaping like that. It should be fine to seam it up as the neckline is wide enough to slip the sweater on and off. You can't see it in the photos, but the side seams are split from the ribbing down, and the back ribbing is slightly longer than the front.
The difficult part was trying to gauge how wide the sweater body should be because I wanted it slouchy sized and my daughter was away from home at the time I was knitting it. Then because it was slouchy, the armhole would naturally drop below the shoulder and so the next part was trying to gauge the length of the sleeves. I over-estimated, resulting in sleeves that were too long. Hence the need for sweater surgery. This sweater is nothing fancy, but it's nice to know that I can do something simple like this on my own. So as my kids would say, knitting achievement unlocked!