Monday, November 25, 2013

Found treasure

I was clearing up stuff over the weekend and found the pieces of this crochet work-in-progress.


It is for making the skirt below. I started it in 2009 and then put it aside because my daughter was not really that into such a girly skirt. I'm so glad I kept the wip because now, four years later, she's a girly girl who would wear a skirt like this. I sent her the pic and she said it's nice, so I think it's time to get it completed. But I must finish the lavendar mohair sweater first. Update on the sweater - I"ve finished the front and back and started one sleeve.


There's more to the skirt than meets the eye. It has front pleated panels (the longer piece below) and smaller inserts (smaller triangle piece below) in between the pleats.

9 comments:

  1. The skirt is gorgeous! Too bad your daughter wants it :) Otherwise, I would have traded it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it's going to be amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirt is amazing! It looks like you've already made quite a start... It is great that your daughter likes it so that we have a chance to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Francoise, it's good to hear from you! I hope it will get finished this time :)

      Delete
  4. Super pretty, adore the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I hope it will turn out pretty when I get round to finishing it :)

      Delete