R's lace sweater is done. I finished it last night. I had to abandon the furry hood after spending 2 whole days over the weekend knitting it. Reason: the hood was heavier than the sweater itself and it was too warm and frankly, it looked hideous! So you are wondering where I got the extra yarn to finish the neckline and armholes? I ripped my Kimono Lace Shawl and borrowed a few rows of yarn from it. The shawl is way too long anyway, so it is none the worse for wear. Not sure if you can see it, but the sweater hem has soft scallops.
Pattern: Keitodama 2013 vol 159 Design on page 112
Modifications: Cast on 110 sts, knit 184 rows and enlarged neckline by casting off 36 sts instead of 11 as per pattern. Knit 1X1 rib for neckline and armholes instead of garter st.
Yarn: Japperspun Zephyr 1 ball
Needle: 3.75 mm
Close up of the lace below. It is incredibly light, weighs almost nothing. But no modelled shots because the sweater is knitted for my daughter who is now studying in Australia. This sweater is going to be mailed to her.
Here's a last photo of the sweater with 2 of her fave softies that she left behind because she did not have enough space in her luggage.
Hope you are having a good week, it is a public holiday here today, so we're going for a movie!