Thursday, June 14, 2012

mini holiday

I'm on leave from work and having a mini-holiday that started with a family stay-cation at Marina Bay Sands, a hotel about 15 minutes drive from home. I had a lazy time, lying in the sun, watching my kids swim in a pool at the 57 storey rooftop called the sky park. After the stay-cation, I've been going shopping with my daughter. We took photos on the way to the bus stop. It is so HOT here at the moment! Every time I think it can't get any hotter, it does!


My daughter bought this cute orange bag from one of the stalls at Bugis Junction for S$18. And she's wearing her Orla Kiely tank top from Uniqlo.


We bought shoes from Mitju. The black flat sandals on the left are mine (it has a transparent plastic strap) and my daughter got the lime green flats. We both got a pair of the same black ballet flats because Mitju was giving a 50% discount on the second pair of shoes. After all, classic black ballet flats are a wardrobe staple, right?


I have lots of food photos too. Thursday lunch specials at Cafe Cartel. Grilled chicken thigh with ham and cheese in tomato sauce.


Sesame seeded breaded meat balls penne in tomato sauce. We dine there quite often as the food is good and there's an outlet within walking distance from home. Did you know that after 9 pm, cakes, drinks and snacks are half-priced?


Desserts from Ji De Chi at Liang Seah street. Clockwise from top left: mango pomelo sago, durian pomelo sago, glutinous rice balls in ginger syrup with ground peanuts, yam paste.


I also went to the public library to bury my nose in cook books and craft books. I borrowed Cal Patch's book, "Designing Your Own Clothes". Hope you're having a holiday of your own wherever you are.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE it! All your vacations (stay- or not), have the elements of an ideal vacation: food and shopping! Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures look like you had quite a wonderful time...seeing your daughter makes me feel I need to take my girl out for the day somewhere fun to shop and enjoy lunch....love all the shoes...I need flats...I think about it but never go out and buy them...just look at the empty floor in the closet and wish they would magically appear when I need them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great holiday - the weather looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your lovely blog and enjoying reading very much. The Sorbetto dress turned out great.

    Hot in S. France too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely time. I covet your daughter's bag - very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The desserts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete