Friday, June 08, 2012

floral skater skirt

I finished this skirt last Sunday but had no chance to take photos of my daughter wearing it until now. Hehee, I think I need to be more mindful about mentioning when an item is sewed for my daughter. Otherwise new readers who pop by will think that the author of this blog is a teenager! Well, I'm the mother of the teenager! Now onto the details. Same pattern as the red wine skirt from my previous post. Did some things differently. First, I added a pocket as my daughter likes to carry her mobile phone in her pocket.


I made a fabric casing for the elastic waistband. I had so much trouble with this waistband, making one mistake after another. I lined the skirt with white polyester. The best thing about this skirt is the hem. It is hemmed using this machine rolled hem method. First time I sewed this hem. I highly recommend this method for hemming curves, it does a beautiful job, painlessly. Don't you love beautiful solutions that are easy to boot? I have only one blurry photo for you today as this was taken in a rush early this morning before she went off to school. She's wearing this outfit to school and then to the movies tonight with friends. I was in a hurry to take this photo as I am submitting this skirt and the red wine skirt as entries to Crafterhours' Skirt Week 2012 and today is the closing date! Wish me luck!

crafterhours

3 comments:

  1. that is gorgeous! I love the addition as a pocket as I *always* like to have my phone in a pocket on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skirt is adorable...love her shoes too!
    And you're right, when I first found your blog I thought "wow, she has great legs"..but, alas, I've since seen your legs and you really do have great legs, and you're the mother of a teenager...mine, the mother of "twenty something aged", well,,,,,not so great anymore.

    Good thoughts are being sent along for your friend..these days shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous skirt! Good luck, it is great that you are taking part.

    ReplyDelete